We have the following vacancy available at Melomed Tokai:
DEPUTY NURSING SERVICES MANAGER
• Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in the capacity of a Unit Manager.
• Must have a Diploma and / or relevant qualifications in Nursing Admin.
• A post basic quantification in ICU or Trauma will be an advantageous.
• Must have excellent MS Office computer skills, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, Kronos, etc.
• The ideal person will have willingness to assume job ownership, work independently and apply principles of continuous improvement.
• Assist the Nursing Services Manager with the development, implementation and evaluation of the nursing strategic plan and sub-unit strategic plan.
• Deputise in the absence of the Nursing Services Manager.
• Attend meetings as requested by the Nursing Services Manager.
• Ensure the implementation and adherence to nursing standards and policies.
• Assist with the selection and appointment of staff.
• Implement and monitor the induction of employees.
• Implement and monitor in-service training.
• Monitor and manage staff absenteeism.
• Implement a system for mentoring.
• Define, evaluate and correct the job descriptions and the scope of practice of staff identified where necessary.
• Ensure a positive working environment conducive to Continuous Professional Development.
• Evaluation, JPM and provide guidance to Unit Managers.
• Liaison between various departments in the multi-disciplinary team.
• Commitment to change is built by the mobilisation of resources to implement agreed changes.
• Monitor of staffing levels, based on the acuity levels in departments.
• Manage client expectations according to the Melomed client services policies.
• Weekly check of Unit Managers Schedule Drug audit report.
• Analysis of all incident reports, root cause, interventions and outcomes.
• Evaluate and manage all patients / visitor POS issues.
• Evaluate infection control processes, interventions and outcomes.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications with a detailed CV and supporting documents to Megan Mathesa on the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, by 01 June 2019. (CV’s should include certified copies of ID, nursing council receipt and all qualifications. CV should have working experience dated and noted correctly - from current to past experience).
Melomed is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed persons will be contacted.
• • Grade 12
• • An applicable tertiary qualification will be an advantage
• • Drivers licence and own transport
• • At least 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position
• • Proven experience in a similar environment
• • Excellent interpersonal skills and the natural ability to be in the front line dealing with the public
• • Understanding of client service principles
• • Knowledge of the Private Health industry will be an advantage
• • Excellent computer literacy i.e. proficient in MS Office
• • Good leadership, mentorship, planning, supervising and organising skills
• • Excellent communication abilities in Afrikaans and English
• • Independent decision making and problem solving skills
• • Responsible for Hospital and Unit Reception, Drivers and Porters
• • Take responsibility and quality output of reception to ensure client satisfaction
• • Managing and training of personnel
• • Implementing and maintaining policies and procedures
• • Supporting service to patients, doctors and personnel
• • Monthly statistics
• • Basic financial control i.e. monitoring and handling of cash, banking, etc.
• • Documentation audits to be done on a regular basis
• • Customer service orientated
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications with a CV and supporting documents to: email@example.com by Monday, 01 July 2019.
Please quote reference #MT – RECEPTION SUPERVISOR in the subject line. Only short-listed persons will be contacted.
Melomed prides itself in offering the latest world class facilities and state of the art technology to complement our speciality services offered within our group.
We welcome any student/specialist to immediately contact should they aspire to practice at any one of our facilities.